As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
This pilot simulation study was to determine the optimal choreography for evaluation of the critically ill patients. The results showed that a focused history can be done in either series or parallel to the primary survey, however, there is less mental demand and effort associated with a parallel choreography.
Aims and scope
The journal welcomes manuscripts in the following broad areas of research:
- Patient management in the Emergency Department, quality and efficiency metrics, computer applications including decision support, computerized provider order entry, electronic medical records.
- Out-of-hospital acute care, ground first responder and paramedic systems, ambulance service and other critical care transports, emergency medical service regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Pediatric emergency medicine, neurological and psychiatric emergency medicine, toxicology and poisoning management, infection and sepsis, ultrasound, healthcare services research.
- Resuscitation and cardiac emergency medicine, including but not limited to: thromboembolism, respiratory failure and stroke.
- Trauma management including, but not limited to: head and neck injury, pelvic fracture, acute musculoskeletal trauma and cut injuries, trauma systems.
- Emergency medicine in disaster situations, emergency medicine in conflict areas and military medicine.
We are recruiting new Associate Editors to join our international Editorial Board, helping to provide expertise on a wide range of subjects within the area of Emergency Medicine.
The BMC Series Editorial site serves as a home for editorial board resources and as an online community, facilitating interaction and networking between the editorial board and the BMC series in-house team.
BMC Series Blog
Annual Journal Metrics
53 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
43 days to first decision for all manuscripts
132 days from submission to acceptance
15 days from acceptance to publication
1.48 - 2-year Impact Factor
2.1 - CiteScore
1.083 - SNIP (Source-Normalized Impact per Paper)
0.647 - SJR (SCImago Journal Rank)
562 Altmetric Mentions