Guest Edited by:
Axel Heller and Arian Zaboli.
Aims and scope
The journal welcomes manuscripts in the following broad areas of research:
- Patient management in the Emergency Department, quality and efficiency metrics, computer applications including decision support, computerized provider order entry, electronic medical records.
- Out-of-hospital acute care, ground first responder and paramedic systems, ambulance service and other critical care transports, emergency medical service regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Pediatric emergency medicine, neurological and psychiatric emergency medicine, toxicology and poisoning management, infection and sepsis, ultrasound, healthcare services research.
- Resuscitation and cardiac emergency medicine, including but not limited to: thromboembolism, respiratory failure and stroke.
- Trauma management including, but not limited to: head and neck injury, pelvic fracture, acute musculoskeletal trauma and cut injuries, trauma systems.
- Emergency medicine in disaster situations, emergency medicine in conflict areas and military medicine.
Editorial Board updates
We are recruiting new, international Editorial Board Members.
High-resolution imaging and genomic technologies are changing the way we view the environment, cells, chromosomes and molecules. Here we share recent highlights from the BMC Series journals.
BMC Series Blog
28 September 2022
Annual Journal Metrics
52 days to first decision for all manuscripts (Median)
52 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only (Median)
738,934 Downloads (2021)
878 Altmetric mentions (2021)
The following summary describes the peer review process for this journal:
Identity transparency: Single anonymized
Reviewer interacts with: Editor
Review information published: Review reports. Reviewer Identities reviewer opt in. Author/reviewer communication